Splurge! CBD Recipes For Sweet & Savory Treats
Are you more of a sweets person, or a savory person? Or, does it depend on your mood?
No matter where you fall on the sweet-savory tooth spectrum, these CBD recipes are here to satisfy your appetite! They each feature broad-spectrum flavored CBD oil drops, which infuses aromatic flavor sourced from the best flavor houses in the US, plus the benefits of purely-sourced CBD.
The CBD oil is also vegan-friendly, and each recipe can be made with plant-based ingredients.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking with CBD!
Quick Tips For Cooking With CBD Oil
While you decide what you’re in the food for — sweet or savory? — here’s a quick rundown on best practices for cooking with CBD. Even if blending your culinary adventures with cannabinoids isn’t new to you, you may want to give it a skim to refresh yourself.
- Some of these recipes make enough to share. Sharing is caring, but only if you let the folks you’re sharing with know about the CBD contents.
- Keep these CBD creations far out of reach of kids and pets. If you do want to whip something up for your pet, do it with CBD oil made for pets.
- Label all leftovers, indicating the CBD contents.
- Follow the recommended storage guidelines to a T to preserve the CBD’s properties.
For more info on using CBD in the kitchen, check out our post How to Bake & Cook with CBD According to Science.
Indulge Yourself With These Sweet & Savory CBD Recipes
This list of CBD recipes features lightning-fast desserts and snacks for when you need food now — like right now — and more in-depth recipes for when you want some hands-on time in the kitchen.
We’ve already pre-measured the CBD dosage and noted it in each recipe. Feel free to adjust based on your tolerance and preferences.
All that’s left to do is pick and choose the recipe that suits your mood. And have fun with it!
Sweet: Very Vanilla CBD Frosted Mug Cake
We’re taking the mug cake trend to the next level. It’s everything you love about mug cakes — it’s fast, moist, and sweet — with a CBD frosting twist.
This mug cake recipe was adapted from the Vanilla Mug Cake recipe from the blog Tastes Better From Scratch.(1) It has a classic vanilla flavor that’s enhanced with the addition of buttercream frosting infused with vanilla CBD oil.
Want a vegan mug cake? We’ve added vegan swap ops to the ingredients, so you can make this 100% plant-based if you choose.
This recipe makes one frosted mug cake.
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk or non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Start by making the cake batter: Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mug. Whisk to combine. Then add the liquid cake ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Microwave for 70 seconds. Check to make sure the cake is done by gently pressing the top of it. It should spring back quickly. If it doesn’t, microwave for another 20 seconds.
- While your mug cake cools, prepare the frosting. Beat the butter with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar, one teaspoon of milk, CBD oil, and salt. Beat until smooth. If your frosting is too stiff, add more milk one teaspoon at a time until you achieve a light, buttercream consistency.
- Dollop or spread the frosting on top of your mug cake.
- Dig in!
Savory: Get Your Own CBD Guacamole
As the name suggests, this guacamole recipe isn’t made for sharing. That’s partly because it contains one measured dose of CBD oil. But mostly because it’s so good, you won’t want to give up one single bite!
Mix up this guac for yourself when you feel the urge to go to town on a bag of chips or plate of veg like no one is watching.
- 1 ripe avocado, halved with the pit removed
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red or white onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- 1 dropperful Pure Craft Nano CBD Broad Spectrum Oil - Orange
- Optional: Pinch of cayenne pepper or red chili flakes
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Scarf it down immediately with chips, crackers, or raw veggies.
Sweet: No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint CBD Cookies
When you’re looking for an oven-free recipe on a hot day or your cravings simply can’t wait for the timer to ding, no-bake cookies are the answer!
The classic combo of chocolate and peppermint in these no-bake cookies lights up your senses.
This recipe makes 18 cookies. Three cookies contain one serving of CBD oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- To a medium saucepan, add the butter, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt. Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, let it simmer for about one minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and fold in the oats.
- Add the CBD oil and fold it in.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to devouring.
- If you like a softer cookie, let it sit at room temperature for ten minutes before eating (if you can wait that long).
- Store leftovers in an airtight, CBD-labeled container in the refrigerator.
Sweet: Vegan No-Bake Blueberry CBD Cheesecake
Is any dessert list complete without cheesecake? We think not!
Bursting with blueberry flavor from fresh blueberries and blueberry CBD oil, this vegan cheesecake is a must for any blueberry lover. Violet Beauregard would be all about it, we’re sure.
We were heavily inspired by The Conscious Plant Kitchen’s No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake, which has rave reviews.(2)
You might be thinking: “How can a cheesecake be vegan?” Pure vegan culinary magic! But really, the secret is the soaked cashews, which provide a super-creamy consistency without the dairy.
Our recipe yields one lucious cheesecake that serves 8-16 people, depending on the size of the slices. One large slice (out of a cake cut into eight slices) contains one serving of CBD oil.
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor and process for one minute. Scrape the bowl, then process for another 30-60 seconds, or until the mixture resembles coarse sand. It should hold together when you pinch it with your fingers.
- Using the bottom of a measuring cup or glass, press the crust mixture into the bottom of the lined cake pan.
- Pop the crust in the freezer while you assemble the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Remove the crust from the freezer. Pour the cheesecake filling on top of it. Gently shake the pan back and forth to evenly distribute the filling, then gently lift and drop the pan slightly to release any air bubbles.
- Freeze the cheesecake for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately, or store it in the refrigerator in an airtight (you guess it: CBD-labeled) container for up to four days. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days, too.
Savory: Teriyaki Burgers With CBD-Infused Glaze
Sometimes you just want to sink your teeth into a juicy burger. This teriyaki burger recipe is here to satisfy that hankering!
The mouthwatering CBD teriyaki glaze is sweet, savory, and incredibly crave-worthy. You just might come up with some other uses for it once you give it a try. Kebabs and meatballs come to mind….
Make this burger meatless with a couple of plant-based swaps.
This recipe makes two burgers. One burger contains one serving of CBD oil.
- 8 tbsp your favorite teriyaki marinade
- 2 droppersful Pure Craft Nano CBD Broad Spectrum Oil - Tropical
- ½ pound ground beef, turkey, or plant-based ground meat alternative
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices of canned pineapple rings, drained
- 2 hamburger buns
- Mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced red onion
- Mix together four tbsp of teriyaki marinade with CBD oil. Set aside.
- Combine your ground meat or meat alternative with the garlic powder and the remaining teriyaki marinade. Form into two patties.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat, or place a large skillet over medium heat. If you go the skillet route, this is a great time to make sure your hood vent is on and/or crack a window!
- Once the cooking surface is hot, sear the burgers on each side for about four minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove from the heat. Using a silicone brush or spoon, coat the patties in the CBD-infused teriyaki marinade you made in Step One.
- While the burger patties rest, sear the pineapple rings for a minute or so on each side.
- Now you’re ready to assemble your burgers. We recommend the following architecture: Apply the mayo on the top and bottom bun. Place the burger patty on the bottom bun, followed by the pineapple ring. Then add your lettuce and red onion, followed by the top bun.
Savor The Flavor With CBD
With a pinch of this, a dash of that, and a little bit of high-quality flavored CBD oil tincture, you can whip up craveable sweet and savory treats anytime.
Follow the recipes above to create CBD-infused desserts, snacks, and mains that won’t disappoint.
SHOP FLAVORED CBD OIL NOW
- Allen, L. (2019). Vanilla Mug Cake. Tastes Better From Scratch. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/vanilla-mug-cake/
- Carine. (2019). Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake - Raw And Healthy. The Conscious Plant Kitchen. https://www.theconsciousplantkitchen.com/vegan-blueberry-cheesecake/